Thursday, August 7, 2014

Art Prints

Before my art show there were a lot of preparation that were involved. I had my artwork professionally scanned and printed on archival fine art watercolor paper. The printer did a wonderful job. It's expensive but I think the quality is worth it. The fine art prints really shows the depth and color of my original painting well versus if I get it printed at a copier place. At the copier place (like Kinkos) the color is not brilliant (like the original) and comes out flat and dull. Besides I don't think it's really a great way to print your artwork or show off your artwork with a copy machine.

Then I wrote a short artist comment for each piece. I matted, labeled, and package them in cello bags. It was more work than I realized. I didn't get much sleep before the show.

No comments: